This page is designed for those seeking Larimer Humane Society’s animal protection and control services in the city of Fort Collins. Animal control laws and ordinances enforced by Larimer Humane Society’s Animal Protection and Control Department can be found in Fort Collins municipal code and charter. For information on Colorado state law, please review the Colorado State Statues.
If you have a life-threatening emergency, please contact 911.
For all other animal control inquiries, please click on the appropriate icon below for more information.
If your answer is not found online by clicking on one of the icons below, please call our dispatch office at (970) 226-3647 ext. 7. All calls will be handled on a priority basis.
Top priority calls include:
- Dangerous/vicious animals that may cause immediate harm to a human or another animal;
- Assisting other law enforcement personnel (police/fire) with cases involving animals;
- Injured domestic animals needing urgent medical care; and
- Abused/neglected animals.
While we certainly understand an animal’s excessive barking, trespassing or relieving its waste on your property or a public walkway, or being exercised off-leash by its owner or caretaker can be frustrating at times, please note that calls of this nature fall lower on our priority list. We will follow up with you at our earliest convenience and appreciate your patience and support.
When contacting our dispatch office, please have the following information available:
- The day, time and location where the incident occurred;
- Description of the incident – please describe what occurred and what animals/humans were involved, if applicable;
- A description of the animal you are reporting (if known: breed, color, approximate size);
- The address where the animal resides, if known; and
- The owner's name, address and telephone number, if known.