Read about S.N.I.P., Larimer Humane Society's spay/neuter assistance program .
Sterilizing your pet is the single most important thing you can do to reduce the number of homeless animals in our community. All dogs, puppies, cats, kittens and rabbits adopted from Larimer Humane Society are spayed or neutered before going into their new homes. We encourage all pet owners to sterilize their companion animals and join in our efforts to ensure no animal is left without a home.
Spaying or Neutering Your Animal Will
- Reduce his inclination to stray. Animals that leave home to mate are often lost, hit by cars, or injured by another animal.
- Greatly reduce her risk of cancer. It’s a fact: altered animals live longer.
- Reduce unwanted behaviors such as spraying or fighting.
- Make your animal’s license and impound fees cheaper.
- Ensure that you are not stuck with the costly and time-consuming task of caring for an unwanted litter.
- Ensure that your companion is not contributing to pet overpopulation, the leading cause of death in domestic animals.